Hours of Operation
The Center is located in a residential area; therefore, all functions must end no later than 11:00 p.m. The Center must be cleaned and vacated by 12:00 midnight. Every effort is made to ensure that The Center is available as needed by the Renter. Prior arrangement must be made with the hostess to enter The Center. In general, The Center is available from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 midnight. The Renter or its representative must be present until the last guest has departed and clean-up is complete. The Renter should provide the name of the individual who will be the representative for end of event cleanup.
Items Available for Use
The rent of the Quincy Garden Center includes the following additional items:
- 8 round tables (4’) – Need a 108” cloth to reach the floor
- 2 rectangular tables — 6’
- 26 folding chairs that may be used inside the building
- Kitchen equipment:
- 4 stoves (2 electric and 2 gas)
- 2 refrigerators
- Ice maker (It is recommended that the Renter ice down drinks the day before the event, if there are no other events at The Center. This will allow the ice machine to refill before the event.)
In general, The Center is very simple to decorate. The Quincy Garden Club provides an arrangement on the “Hunt Board” in the main hall. The Renter may want to place an arrangement on the dining room table. Renters may bring in other decorations to personalize The Center for their function.
- Furniture, accessories, plants, etc. in The Center must not be moved or changed in any way without prior permission of the hostess. Everything moved must be put back in place before you leave. The Center must not be marred in any way. Nails, thumbtacks, tape, etc. may not be used on the walls, doors or any other part of the Center including outbuildings and/or structures. Removable putty has been used successfully by some of our past renters.
- Candles in hurricane lamps, votives in holders or otherwise enclosed in glass are permitted, with discretion. Candles/open flames are NOT permitted.
- Fresh flower petals, fresh greenery leaves, or sparklers may be used outside to shower the “bride and groom” as they leave. Items must be biodegradable and safe for wildlife and the environment. Guests may not throw rice, bird seed or silk flower petals. All containers must be picked up at the end of the event.
- Alcohol may be served (but not sold) within the house or on the grounds. Renters assume all responsibility and liability for the safe and legal consumption of alcohol. Only those guests of legal age may be served alcoholic beverages. It is recommended that bars be set up on the porch or the patio to ensure that water will not damage the rugs or floors. Any kegs or coolers of ice must be set up either outside or on the porch.
Most brides choose to be married on the pergola in the backyard. The pergola measures 15’ 3” by 20’. The columns are about 9’ high. Nails, thumbtacks, tape, etc. may not be used on the pergola. Removable putty has been used successfully by some of our past renters.
Ideas for decorating:
- Wrap vines, ivy, toile, or strings of lights around the columns
- Drape fabric in a swag from the top of the pergola
- Add plants or flowers using plant stands or columns
- Leave it blank
Chair and Patio Arrangements: See the printable Planning An Event
Things to Keep in Mind
Parking is available in the City lot on the north east side of The Center. The lot will hold about 40 cars. Parking is also available along the street. Bell and Bates Hardware will allow guests to use their parking lot if the event is after store hours.
Renters are required to complete clean-up by 12:00 midnight unless prior arrangements have been made with the hostess. The Center will provide one trash bag for each can. Any additional trash bags needed are the responsible of the Renter. The trash cans need 55-gallon liners. It is recommended that Renters use contractor strength bags. Clean-up includes:
- Return all outdoor furniture to the original location
- Wipe off all tables and return to the closet in the back parlor
- Take all garbage to the dumpster located in the parking lot
- Remove all items used for decorating
- Remove all food items
Renters are not required to:
- Mop the floors
- Clean the bathrooms
- Dust or vacuum the house
The Center does not provide table linens unless the renter is a member of the Quincy Garden Club. The round tables will need a 108” cloth. The rectangular tables require a 90” by 144” cloth (6’ table). Garden Club members are required to wash and iron all linens used.
There are several rental companies familiar with rental involving The Center.
If you plan to place a tent over the patio, be sure to let the rental company know that the tent will be placed on concrete so they can bring the correct poles.
All rental supplies must be neatly stacked on the back porch or in the first or second building. Dishes must be rinsed free of food, returned to the crates, and stacked on the back porch. Tables and chairs from Bell and Bates should be restacked on the pallets and left in the driveway. All tables should be placed inside the first or second building.
The backyard has two security lights, flood lights, one porch light on the side of the Studio, and lights pointed up at the trees. For late night events, the Renter may need to provide additional lighting. It is recommended that the Renter look at The Center in the evening to verify the amount of light they will need.
Food may be served either buffet-style, served by the caterer for a plated meal, or the passing of hors d’oeuvres. Food service stations may be set up in several areas of The Center. Please contact to hostess to discuss the options.
Seated Meals/Table Set-up
Tables may be set up through-out the Center or on the porch as follows:
- Dining room (seats 18): 12 seated at the dining room table; one 4’ round in the southwest corner
- Front Parlor (Southwest corner room-with the bay window) (seats 18): three round tables
- Library (Southeast front room) (seats 18): three round tables
- Back Parlor (North east room) (seats 18): three round tables
The following tables located in various areas of The Center are also available for use by the Renter:
- 1 – Drop Leaf table located in the dining room (seats 8 )
- There are 26 stackable chairs stored in the closet under the stairs that may be used for throughout the house. It is the client or caterer’s duty to set up the table and chairs. The tables and chairs must be returned to the closet at the end of the event.
- The “Hunt Board” located in the hall may be used to serve appetizers or beverages. The Renter must ensure that water will not mar the top.